As you sift through “Best advice for new parents,” there are a lot of things you can look out for to decide what is best for you, to separate the bad from the good.
Although every child and every parent is different, there is a lot of time-honored best advice that is common enough for everyone to use.
Along with advice comes a string of shared laughs and vows. This is a compilation of new parent quotes from the vast lands of the internet every new mom and new dad will agree upon.
Words of wisdom for new parents quote funny
- When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, what I’m really saying is “Please forget.” –See more from @SarcasticMommy4 »
- My kid is turning out just like me. Well played, karma. Well-played. – Anonymous
- 90% of parenting is just thinking about when you can lie down again.- Anonymous
- It’s like no one in my family appreciates that I stayed up all night overthinking for them. – Anonymous
- And then I thought to myself, “What’s the point of cleaning if my family is going to keep living here?” -Anonymous
- Recipe for Iced Coffee
1. Have kids
2. Make coffee
3. Forget you made coffee
4. Drink it cold – See more from @toni_hammer »
- “Parenting is yelling ‘you just had a snack!’ over and over until you give in and throw them another snack.” –See more from @loud_momma »
- “Having children is like living in a frat house – nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” – Ray Ramano
Inspirational Quotes For New Moms
- Making the decision to have a child — it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. -Elizabeth Stone
- There are hard days in motherhood, but looking at your baby sleeping reminds you why it’s all worth it. -Kara Ferwerda
- To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. -Maya Angelou
- You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible. -Naya Rivera
- Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood — finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without. – Jodi Picoult
Quotes For New Parents Of A Baby Boy & Girl
- Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. – Elizabeth Stone
- God mark thee to His grace! Thou was the prettiest babe that e’er I nursed. And might I live to see thee married once, I have my wish. – William Shakespeare
- I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Those eyes so ecstatic with the gleam of new life, the wide laugh that no doubt uses up so much of the breath contained in those tiny lungs.” – Saim Cheeda
- A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” – Victoria Secunda
Expecting Parents Quotes
- I begin to love this creature and to anticipate her birth as a fresh twist to a knot, which I do not wish to untie –Mary Wollstonecraft
- A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born baby, and assures it of a mother’s love. –Thomas Chandler Haliburton
- If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle. – Erma Bombeck
- To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings. –Anne Christian Buchanan
- A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside…when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone. –Anonymous
Pearls Of Wisdom For New Parents
- Be willing to keep learning, change your mind, and don’t sweat the unimportant stuff.
- It’s a learning process – sometimes it’s easy to say “yes”.
- Your children are your treasure, don’t much all of them together. Take time to get to know them individually
- Celebrate your children’s unique characteristics
- Most importantly, make some room for “me” time!